Ultra Electronics - USSI IT System Administrator, Linux in Chantilly, Virginia
Ultra Electronics Ocean Systems is an engineering company that is actively involved in a diverse range of sensor processing development projects. We design, integrate and test a wide range of systems providing innovative capabilities for our customers. The designs are highly configurable and use leading-edge hardware and software to achieve versatile products for maximum flexibility and reuse. We specialize in high speed data processing and digital signal processing for high end military sensor systems including radar, sonar, imaging and electronic warfare processors. We believe in strong team dynamics, job satisfaction, and making each team member successful. Creativity and personal initiative are essential.
Monitor and maintain the Ocean Systems IT computing environment through the operation and implementation of server, storage, web, database, or application solutions. Implement and maintain user and group rights and operating systems. Monitor and maintain system capacity, security, patch levels, documentation, and management tools. Execute business continuity and test plans. Provide level 2 support to end users and other members of the IT organization. Participate in the planning and design of technology solutions.
- Install, configure and manage server hardware and software.
- Manage file system rights and access.
- Install, configure and manage corporate applications.
- Conduct testing to confirm proper operation.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Track system metrics and respond to system alerts, for example: uptime, capacity, backups, and security.
- Build and maintain system documentation.
- Apply patches and upgrades.
- Support end-user facing systems and tools.
- Participate in the planning and design of technology solutions.
- Back up the network administrator in the management of network switches, routers, firewalls and other devices.
- Six or more years work experience in a system administrator or similar role with exposure to the following tools, techniques and technologies.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining computing environments consisting of Unix/Linuxworkstations and servers, LDAP, VMware vSphere, and* Dell* hardware.
- General networking knowledge and experience including switches, routers, and network services, particularly as it relates to VMware.
- Experience with tier 2/3 support.
- Knowledge of test and cutover plans.
- Knowledge of systems management tools.
- Knowledge of capacity planning and disaster recovery practices.
- Excellent communications skills.
- US citizen and ability to obtain appropriate personnel clearance
- Experience with Acronis/Veeam backup solutions.
- Relevant software or hardware certifications (Red Hat).
- Experience in the planning or design of technology solutions, including requirements analysis.
- NAS or SAN experience.
- Knowledge of Juniper/Palo Alto switches or routers.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Windows 7 client OS.
- Knowledge of cyber security concepts, tools, and procedures.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Some travel may be required.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, and/or any other basis protected by law.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job Type: Management, Information Technology
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/14/2018