Leidos Project Manager in RESTON, Virginia
The Leidos Corporate Workplace Security Team is seeking an experienced and energetic project manager to provide project and process management support across a large number of corporate projects.
This position will work as part of multi-functional project teams to facilitate and oversee security actions related to projects led by both Corporate Security as well as Corporate Real Estate. These projects are often fast paced, highly visible corporate construction and facility relocation/consolidation projects that require varying levels of security support and involvement.
Responsibilities will include project resource allocation, tracking of deliverables, coordination with vendors, coordination with various other corporate functions (IT, facilities, etc) and problem resolution.
In addition to direct project support, the Project Manager will work to develop and improve processes that will lead to more effective and efficient use of existing security resources across the project portfolio.
The preferred candidate will have a strong background in project lifecycle management and process management and will have the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel.
This position will be based out of Reston VA and will require infrequent travel, typically within the National Capital Region (less than 10%).
• Works under the guidance of the Workplace Security Program Manager to apply Leidos standard practices to new and existing projects
• Develops new processes and implements improvements to existing practices to drive efficiency
• Works in conjunction with the project team and the Workplace Security team to fully understand and document security requirements and develop and track milestones and prioritize resources accordingly
• Attends project meetings and calls, functions as a point of contact for security, providing updates to the project team, corporate security and corporate real estate.
• Works with the Workplace Security Team to develop new and creative security solutions while working within project constraints
• Actively manages and prioritizes multiple projects at the same time.
• Coordinates within the workplace security team and with vendors for installation and testing of security systems and other related actions
• Bachelor’s degree in management or security related discipline preferred with 12+ years managing projects and business processes. 16+ years experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with principles and practices of project management
• Working knowledge of risk assessments, general security operations, business processes and resource planning
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct technical tasks and personnel
• Experience in cost effectiveness and efficiency analysis
• Process oriented with attention to detail
• Experience with managing large and complex projects
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of both small and large teams
• Ability to read schematics and drawings/blueprints
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willing to travel within the National Capital Region on an infrequent basis
• Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences via both verbal and written communications (e.g., technical writing, procedural development, requirements analysis)
• Must exercise fiscal responsibility through careful and appropriate use of company resources
• Accreditation/certification in project management (PMP, CPAM, CSM, etc)
• Active security clearance
• Experience with the Software House C*CURE security management platform preferred
• Experience working with government customers
• Skills with MS Office, Visio and graphic editing software
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.